This day and age if you are not utilising Facebook to promote your business you are greatly behind the times. I am sure some of you think that you honestly do not have time for this as well as running your business.
You need to make the time. Our business has doubled in clients over the past 2 years purely due to either word of mouth referrals on Facebook as that is the ONLY way we advertise.
We do not pay for advertising for our temp or consulting services anywhere else. I may place a Facebook ad once every 4 months to generate more interest surrounding our page with a maximum spend of $75 however other than that our marketing team and myself “stalk” people on Facebook. In a nice way – let me explain what I mean by that.
Assuming that you are in Real Estate if you are reading this; Sales or Property Management, you have a much easier target audience than we do as EVERYONE is your client. Everyone will need a home to buy or rent or sell at some stage. We naturally need to find employees of agencies preferably decision makers to “like” our page and interact with us on social media.
You can “Friend” anyone and it does not necessarily have to be people in your local area as many of you know investors do not necessarily reside near their properties.
- Start with your buy, swap and sell groups – join these if you haven’t already as they are generally near your area and could potentially become clients in some form at a later date.
- Join in community projects & markets and “like” their pages and again you will find more people to interact with.
- EVENTS – monitor the events near your area that are listed on Facebook to find more locals near your core area/s.
- Comment or like people’s posts and click on the links if they have posted videos as Facebook knows if you are simply scrolling and not interacting with your news feed and will therefore not allow your posts to pop up on as many people’s feeds as you would like.
- If you are wanting more people to see your posts you need to ask your team to “like”, “comment” and “share” your posts when they see them. Every time someone interacts with your post by doing one of these your post will go back up the top of the news feed. We have found that if we post on Facebook and a few people comment that throughout the day we will schedule our replies or likes to their comments a few hours apart as that will then generate more audience interaction and eyes on the post. The post will then appear at the top of the news feed at least 3 times more that day in return more people will see it.
- One final tip – DO NOT friend request more than 10-15 people per day as Facebook will know that they could not possibly be all genuine friends and may block you or give you a warning.
I hope this article has helped you in some way to GET WITH THE TIMES and utilise this free social media platform more often to assist your business.
We offer training in this if anyone is interested please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Lauren Kropp – Director.