Real Strategix was fortunate enough to have a one on one (well until Jeff Fenech butted in) interview with Glenn Twiddle. We have asked the questions you may or may not WANT to know the answers to – even the secret questions with Naomi that Glenn did not know about are at the end!
- Are you a boxer shorts, long john or nude sleeper? All of the above depending on availability or lack thereof!
- How old were you when you had your first kiss ? – mmmmm I think about 15.
- Was it a girl or boy ? laughing, such a modern question, not something a boy of 15 even thought about in the 80’s in Ipswich, but yes, it was a girl.
- What was your first pet – Cindy a dog. What kind of dog? Urm Fluffy, I was 6 or 7 I don’t think I ever asked my Mum what Cindy was.
- Who was your first poster of? – Arnie of course, and you know what, I still have those posters now, and on the wall, but now they are signed! I still find it unbelievable that I now socialise with him, work with him, I’ve been to his house! Just seems like my Mum will wake me up and I’ll be back in that childhood room and just have dreamed it all.
- If your house was on fire would you save Naomi or the Arnie poster first? Naomi of course, she is amazing, I might have had these mad business ideas but shes the one that executes it all and makes it happen. So like that saying, behind every great man is a great woman? In her case the opposite, she makes it all happen
- Do you have siblings? Yes, one of each and I’m the oldest. Ahhh, so did you bully your brother then? (Laughs), of course, he is only two years younger, so as kids he was old enough to want to compete with me with at everything, but too young to beat me at anything. How about now? My brother is so happy, he has a simple uncomplicated life, he teases me now as I am always on the go and never stop!
- If you had hair how would you style it? When flat tops first came out that was all I wanted, I was obsessed with them, in fact my Mum gave me my first flat top and that was the longest ever day at school and my first visit to a barber to do it properly straight after! You should tag my Mum, she’ll remember that!
- When you went to Cabo, Mexico do you remember any of it and what was your drink of choice? That was on my own, Naomi and I have lots of holidays and what I do remember of it…. Sammy Hay from Van Halen has this club there… Cabo Wavo and they serve this cocktail called a Wavorita… and the service is amazing, they just bring them to you, over and over, even if you are in the mosh pit dancing! Anyway, I remember up to lunch time. I have never ever blacked out from alcohol except that one time… I woke up the next day with no recollection but wearing a Hulk Hogan t-shirt signed by Sammy Hay! I’m a big fan, I am really hoping to get back there for his big birthday bash but I can tell you, Caucasian brains should not touch tequila based cocktails, and I won’t be touching them again!
- Who would win in a fight Arnie or Jeff Fenech? Well firstly they are both the sweetest guys on the planet so it wouldn’t ever happen…. but… well Jeff is really in shape and a great boxer, although Arnold was telling me once about when he met Mohammed Ali and they would try to push eachother over…( Jeff in ear shot yells “I’d win!)”.… Ohhhhhh Arnold teases me about getting into shape, and I saw him in the gym a while back and Arnold is still so strong and in shape!
- It must be amazing being around someone so famous? As I said, I still pinch myself, and I think if this d1#%head from Ipswich can do it, then anyone with the drive and dedication can do it, it’s like bloody hell, its a a one in a million thing, and I am that one..and it’s also about getting the most out of events and the speakers that inspired me, following the advice with determination and really hard work and look where it got me! The opportunity to work with people like Arnold or Richard Branson, people I admired as a kid and then read more on as an adult. But you know what, it’s also testament to those people, they are famous, but they are human, they are gracious in the way they treat their fans.
- You must be so busy preparing for Sydney? I am so excited, I think it will be the best one I’ve ever done, especially with the amazing speakers we have!
From Naomi (by secret spy Lauren)
Naomi believes his first pet was actually his Arnie poster which is actually STILL in their bedroom ABOVE the bed – except it is now signed.
His first kiss was with his high school sweetheart , Sharon
His middle name is James
His favourite holiday destination is actually the Maldives – but he doesn’t know it yet…..
CHECK IT OUT EVERYONE! http://www.totalsuccess.com.au/
Rebecca Hill – Real Strategix